We're taking a bit of a breather while the world rearranges its underpants. Meanwhile, the other blog is here.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Any colour so long as it's green

I've been trying to avoid getting involved in the decor for the new library at Noddy and the children's library in Milkbeck. I'm cornered by T.Aldous as I sneak past the photocopier. Carpets. He wants me to disagree with the choice of the staff at Noddy (which is easy: browny-puce. Blech!) I refuse to volunteer an alternative because

  1. The staff at Noddy are going to be the ones working in there.

  2. They'd crucify me.
I wriggle like a worm on a hook but I will not suggest sea green. Just at the point where I am weakening I've saved by a telephone call. I've no idea why I'm inflicted with this particular problem but this time I'm grateful:

"Can you come up and bring the caretaker with you?"

"Why? What's happening?"

"A lad's been sick in the reference library again."

"Again? What's going on up there? This is the second lad who's been sick this lunchtime."

"Oh no, it's the same lad. He enjoyed the experience so much the first time that he came back to do it again."

No comments: