We're taking a bit of a breather while the world rearranges its underpants. Meanwhile, the other blog is here.

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

Some folk have all the luck. One of my colleagues is upgrading his library management system this week and the system's down for the next two days. His boss has obviously taken this on board:

Have you got ten minutes this morning? I need some information for a meeting this pm.
I need a list of all the names and addresses of borrowers who have not borrowed any books for the past twelve months and/or owe fines or charges and also those who will become "inactive" in February or March 2007.
You can see where I'm going here.

My colleague has a few suggestions. Naturally he is crushed that he is unable to accommodate.

No comments: