We're taking a bit of a breather while the world rearranges its underpants. Meanwhile, the other blog is here.

Friday, May 19, 2006

As slippery as a well-buttered ice rink

I don't believe this exchange and I was a party to it:

T.Aldous:
"When will we be getting the other online reference databases?"
Me:
"When will you be telling me whether we've enough money to buy them?"
Ping-pong:
"Which will we be buying?"

"It depends on how much money there is to spend."

"No, that really won't do. I need more information than that."

"I have provided a list of the databases I think we should buy if we had £10k, £15k, £20k or £25k. And I included all the details of what jobs they did, how much they cost, the licensing regimes and contacts for ordering, etc. Could we work from that?"

"Can you get me more details?"